Wednesday 21 September 2011

So much money it hurts my soul

Yesterday  I went to the first meeting with the people who are going to decide how much money I am going to pay them in compensation for the damage I did to their cars. Only one showed up. And he wants $7.600. Combined with the other claims I've been told of, worst case scenario (and this is men and their cars where talking about) I have to pay around $16.666. That is if they show up. I really hope they all go on holiday. Seriously, why didn't anyone stop me? I'm 5.5 feet and about 154 pounds, how hard could it have been? I'm not saying I'd expect people to go do citizen's arrests just to get people off a trial or huge financial burdens, but come on! If you saw someone smaller than you messing with your property and you had friends and co-workers around, wouldn't you have considered to stop that person from damaging your stuff? This smells "I'm gonna earn me some money from that bitch". Well, whatever. I probably did all that shit. It's not like I can sit here and deny it. It's just that I wish I could have remembered. And enjoyed it perhaps.

Here comes a minor breakdown:
Gods, I hate this city! I hate the people in it! I hate this sordid freaking mess I'm in. Anyhoo.. (See? It didn't last that long). Next meeting is going to be the final one. And tomorrow I'm going to call the bank and ask them to give me a $16.666 loan and if I get it I'll pay this shit and eat from the trash 'till I'm back on my feet and then I'll leave. Or maybe I'll stage my own death and go work on a fishing boat and leave ship in the Caribbean or maybe I'll start selling drugs. Or something.
Fishermen in Barbados. Pic stolen from Tell The Truth Travel, which is a rather good blog

The guy who showed up today wanted compensation for damages to his cab and his loss of income. He drives night and his son drives day, and they wanted  $750 for each of the five days the car had to stay in the very expensive hospital for cars. That's $3750! But he didn't know if it included taxes, so he had to talk to his accountant. (I really do hope we uncover a tax-scam, at least that would be worth this).
But $750? A day? Damn. I should have gotten a license in stead of just eh.. drifting. And now you're probably thinking "Whoa! You don't have a licence? Bitch are you dumb?" but I couldn't afford it myself and my dad was lying in a hospital dying when I started the driving lessons, and then he got so sick I could hardly concentrate on school and whatever, life happened. And life is shit sometimes.
If only I didn't break my laptop, then I could at least make some very interesting electronica and try to sell it for commercials. One of the expensivooo ones. Those with cars in it. Try that one on for sale.. When I got home I made the drawing you see under. It's not a self-portrait (thank the Lords!), but I do have a runny nose today. Got the chill from walking home in the rain yesterday and had to take out some sick-leave. Bless me, I'm sneezing like there's no tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment